Saturday, March 24, 2012

Conversation of the Highest Form

Like any good, red-blooded American man, for eight years, I was addicted to the HBO series The Sopranos.  I've often taken from it some of the greatest overall general life principles and applied them to my own life.  I remember on one episode Tony was having dinner with Paulie, and the conversation turned into a trip down memory lane, in which Paulie and another guy kept bringing up stories that started with "Remember when".  Noticing Tony's disdain, Paulie asks Tony if he's alright...Tony stands up from the table to leave saying, "Remember when is the lowest form of conversation."  I've never forgotten that.  While Tony may have had an alternative reason for feeling this way, I've always dreaded the time when a friend and I can no longer hold a conversation, and are forced to rely on the "Remember whens...".  Thank God for sports!  Because if remember when is the lowest form of conversation, the sports debate is the highest!



  For more, follow me on Twitter @JustACasualFan

No comments:

Post a Comment